Thursday, January 26, 2012
Top 5 Driving Tips for Impoving Fuel Economy
Bay City, MI -
1. Check you tire pressure as a combined 10 pounds under the recommended pressure can cut your fuel efficiency by more than 3 percent.
2. Avoid any changes to your vehicle's aerodynamics. Up to a third of your fuel is used to overcome wind resistance at highway speeds, so even little changes like bike racks and window flags can have a big impact on fuel economy. When the season is over, take down you ski racks and sports flags.
3. Avoid carrying extra weight for long periods of time. Every 100 pounds of cargo can decrease fuel efficiency by 2 percent or more.
4. Follow you Chevrolet Certified Service schedule, and don't ignore the "check engine" light. A serious engine problem can cost up to 40 percent of your fuel economy.
5. Try consolidating your errands into one trip, or one afternoon. An engine at operating temperatture is up to 50 percent more efficient than a cold engine.
Graff Chevrolet - Bay City | Please browse www.GraffBayCity.com and shop our inventories of New Chevrolet Cars and Chevy Trucks and Used Cars or Trucks, Certified Preowned Vehicles, Get to know the car you want then Schedule your Private Test Drive. You can always stop by and talk to us in person at 3636 Wilder Road, Bay City Michigan. Serving Saginaw MI, Bay City Michigan, Saginaw MI, Midland MI, Essexville Michigan. (989) 684-4411
We look forward to serving you at Graff Chevrolet serving the Saginaw Michigan Area.