BAY CITY, Mich. -- Cleverly teasing on social media in a recent post, Chevrolet has officially announced the newest member of their boldest, freshest line-up of crossovers and SUVs: the 2019 Blazer. The all-new, contemporary mid-sized SUV boasts attention-grabbing design with integrated driver-focused technologies and next-level functionality.
“Chevrolet has been at the forefront of each of the major automotive industry trends by anticipating consumer demand and delivering innovative products like Bolt EV, Colorado, and Trax,” says Alan Batey, president of GM North America and head of Global Chevrolet. “The introduction of the all-new Blazer builds on that momentum and further strengthens the most comprehensive lineup of crossovers and SUVs on the market today.”
The 2019 Chevy Blazer will offer unique design elements on each model, appealing to drivers seeking a distinctive appearance and outstanding utility.
- Bold styling that features a strong grille and muscular proportions.
- Driver-centric interior and distinctive looks on all models.
- Model range includes sporty RS and up-level Premier models.
- Five-passenger seating with up to 64.2 cubic feet (1,818 L) of max cargo space with second-row seats folded flat.
- Adjustable sliding rear seat.
- Available Chevy-first cargo management system with a rail system and cargo fence.
- Available panoramic dual-pane power sunroof.
- Suite of available active safety features.
- Standard 2.5L I-4 and available 3.6L V-6 engines, each backed by a nine-speed automatic transmission.
- Advanced twin-clutch AWD system available.
- 4,500 pounds (2,041 kg) estimated max trailering with the available 3.6L V-6.
- Available Hitch View feature that helps the driver align the hitch with the trailer.
|2019 Blazer Social Media Teaser|
The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer is the automaker's boldest, most progressive iteration of their crossover design theme. A wide stance, tight proportions, high beltline, and dramatic sculpting give it a toned, athletic appearance at all points.
“The Blazer has attitude,” says John Cafaro, executive director, Global Chevrolet Design. “It looks commanding on the road while fulfilling the promise of versatility at the heart of every Chevy crossover and SUV.
Each model in the lineup offers distinctive design options to suit a wide array of customer tastes such as unique grille appearances, additional bright chrome on the Premier trim, and a more sinister-looking, blacked-out design for the Blazer RS. However, a powerful front end featuring a strong grille, athletic hood lines, and low-placed HID headlamps distinguishes all models. Additionally, the 2019 Blazer also features a distinctive lighting execution that separates the headlamps and LED daytime running lamps.
The 2019 Chevy Blazer also offers a brand-first Cargo Management System, standard on RS and Premier models, which features a rail system and cargo fence to help secure smaller items by dividing the cargo area.
TECHNOLOGY AND CONNECTIVITY
The 2019 Blazer packs a full suite of seamless connectivity, intuitive controls, and driver convenience features including:
- Hitch Guidance that aids in aligning the Blazer’s hitch to a trailer by showing the center line on the rear-vision camera. This is available on models with a 3.6L engine.
- Hitch View which complements Hitch Guidance by showing a top-down view, making it easier to hitch a trailer without a second person to assist. This is an available feature.
- Electronic-locking glove box that offers added storage security, and is roomy enough to fit a small handbag. The glove box is locked with the vehicle’s Valet Mode, which is accessible through the Settings menu.
- Automatic heated steering wheel and automatic heated/ventilated front seats that work with Remote Start and/or automatic climate control to automatically adjust the temperature to help maintain comfort.
- Comfort-open windows that are activated by the key fob and allow all windows to roll down to help heat escape before occupants enter the vehicle.
- Heated outboard rear seats are available on RS and standard on Premier.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Rear Camera Mirror are available on RS and Premier.
- Hands-free power liftgate with Bowtie logo projection is standard on RS and Premier.
- Wireless charging and six USB ports are available.
Additionally, an 8-inch diagonal-color touchscreen running Chevrolet Infotainment 3 comes standard on the 2019 Blazer, along with 4G LTE Wi-Fi (with 1-month/3GB data trial) and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
PERFORMANCE AND CAPABILITY
The all-new 2019 Chevy Blazer is powered by a standard 2.5L I-4 engine rated at 193hp and 188 lb. ft. of torque. A 3.6L V-6 is also available, offering 305hp and 269 lb. ft. of torque.
Both engines are direct-injected and feature intelligent stop/start technology that smoothly shuts off the engine when power is not needed, and are both paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
“The Chevrolet Blazer is more than just good looks,” says Waqar Hashim, Blazer chief engineer. “Both the Ecotec 2.5L four-cylinder engine and 3.6L V-6 engine are paired to Chevrolet’s nine-speed automatic transmission, providing drivers a great balance between performance and efficiency.”
Also standard on all models is Traction Select which allows the driver to make real-time adjustments to the vehicle's driving mode to account for varying road conditions. On AWD models, it also allows the system to be completely disconnected from the rear axle, meaning that drivers can choose to operate the 2019 Blazer in FWD when AWD is not needed.
The all-new Chevrolet Blazer will hit dealerships in early 2019, and additional details and pricing will be announced closer to launch.
Hank Graff Chevy is located at 3636 Wilder Road, Bay City, MI 48706 and we are here to help our community grow to become an even better place to call home! For more information on Hank Graff Chevrolet, or for any questions call us at (989) 684-4411 or visit our website: www.GraffBayCity.com.