BAY CITY, Mich. – About a month ago, news broke that Chevy may offer a Z71 package for the 2015 Suburban and Tahoe SUVs, however no details about exactly what that package would include were known...until now! At the Texas State Fair, Chevrolet revealed the 2015 Tahoe & Suburban Z71 Package details that will be available this fall!
The Z71 edition is really for those looking for an SUV with off-road performance, enhanced capability, and exclusive technology features. The Z71 package is synonymous with off-road performance so the new Tahoe and Suburban will add off-road tires mounted on 18-inch wheels, a front skid plate, a unique grille and running boards, Z71 branding on the interior and exterior, fog lamps, front tow hooks and front park assist!
- Updated coil-over-shock independent front suspension design
- A wider rear track that contributes to a more planted stance
- Shear-style body mounts, which reduce body shake and enhance the feeling of structural stiffness and improve damping performance when compared with previous compression mounts
- Eighteen-inch standard wheels are a half-inch wider than previous models, reducing tire flex for improved cornering performance
- New, electric variable-assist power steering system enhances fuel economy and tailors steering assist to vehicle speed
- New four-wheel-disc brake system with Duralife™ brake rotors that offer up to double the service life
- Available automatic locking rear differential that provides greater traction when needed and greater driving comfort when it’s not
- Magnetic Ride Control - a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control.