Monday, March 3, 2014
How To Save Money On Teen Car Insurance
How To Save Money on Teen Car Insurance
1. Check Out Your Options – Even if you already have a plan in place for yourself, make sure to comparison shop to find the best rates for your new driver whether you are adding them to your plan or looking for a separate policy. These days there is so much competition between car insurance companies and it is simple to receive quotes online to make shopping for car insurance easy.
2. Teen Driver Discounts – The good news is that there are a few teen driver discounts that you may be able to take advantage of with your current carrier or through a new provider. Look for companies that offer a discount for teens who have taken a driver safety education course, are good students (usually maintaining a B average), or are a low-mileage driver.
3. Expand Your Policy – When purchasing car insurance for your teen driver, you can either acquire a separate policy or add them to your current plan which is usually less expensive. You can even save more if your teen drives the vehicle that is the least costly to insure and they are assigned to that vehicle on the insurance policy. Even if you want them to be responsible for paying for their own insurance, you can set up a plan for them to pay you directly.
4. Consider The Car – Whether or not you will be buying a car for your young driver, they will be purchasing it themselves, or they will be sharing a family car, consider which car they will be driving. The best policy rates for teen drivers are generally associated with vehicles that have high safety ratings/features, aren't brand new, and are less prone to theft.
5. Safe Driving – It goes without saying that when your new driver hits the road, you want them to be as safe as possible. But reinforcing the importance of safe driving can continue to build good driving habits that will help keep them and other drivers safe while on the road.
6. Deductibles – Another option to carefully consider is increasing your deductibles. While this will lower your premiums, it's important to remember that in the event of an accident, paying a deductible could outweigh any premium savings you may have accrued.
7. Adult Driver Discounts – While you're at it, make sure that you are taking advantage of all the possible discounts for yourself as a policyholder too. If you don't have them already, you may be eligible for discounts related to multiple cars, multiple policies, good drivers, safe vehicles, or safe driver classes.
When it comes down to it, you definitely want to make sure that you have the security of sound auto protection for your teen driver as well as for yourself. You can also get some peace of mind by knowing they are in a safe vehicle. If you are still searching for the right one, check out our Sebewaing, MI Used Cars For Sale at our Used Car Dealership. Hank Graff Chevy is located at 3636 Wilder Road, Bay City, MI 48706. For more information on Hank Graff Chevrolet, or for any questions call us at (989) 684-4411 or visit our websites: www.GraffBayCity.com.