- If you are using a charcoal grill, keep charcoal fluid away from heat sources and out of reach of pets and children.
- Both propane and charcoal BBQ grills should ONLY BE USED OUTDOORS. Trust us, don't bring the grills inside.
- Make sure the grill is away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches. The fireworks you want at your family BBQ are the ones you watch under the stars, not around your grill.
- Make sure to keep your grill clean and free from grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- NEVER leave the grill unattended to.
- If you are using a propane grill, check the gas tank hose for leaks before the first grill of the season.
- If you smell gas while cooking, move away from the grill and call the local fire department immediately, don't try moving the grill.
According to the NFPA, the National Fire Protection Association, May is the second highest month for grilling accidents. Each year an average of 8,800 home fires are caused by grilling, and close to 50% of injuries involving grills are due to thermal burns. By following these simple, grilling safety tips your family can have a relax-full weekend! Do you have any grilling tips you would to share, post them on our Facebook wall or on Twitter using #grillsafebaycity . Visit your Bridgeport Area Chevy Dealership today for all of the one-of-a-kind deals! Hank Graff Chevy is located at 3636 Wilder Road, Bay City, MI 48706 and we are here to help our community grow to become an even better place to call home! For more information on Hank Graff Chevrolet, or for any questions call us at (989) 684-4411 or visit our website: www.GraffBayCity.com.