Earth Day Tips To Help Save The Planet:
1. Unplug electronic appliances. Even when they aren't turned on, electronic appliances that are plugged into a power source still draw energy, which means you're wasting energy.
2. Shop the local farmer's market. Not only is the carbon impact of items from your farmer's market lower due to reduced transportation, but the food is almost always organic meaning no chemical pesticides have been used.
3. Buy and use a lunch box. Think about how waste-free you can make your lunch by using reusable containers, a reusable water bottle, and reusable utensils.
4. Install a new shower head. If you take a 10 minute shower every morning, you're likely using over 9,000 gallons of water per year. By switching to an EPA approved shower head you could save over 3,000 gallons of water per year!
5. Fill up the dishwasher. If you have a modern dishwasher, you don't need to rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. In addition, wait until the dishwasher is full before turning it on.
6. Use the shades. Save money and energy by lowering your window shades. In the summer, they will keep the sun and heat out and in the winter they will keep cold drafts at a minimum.
7. Switch to natural household products. Regular household cleaning products can be incredibly toxic and have actually been cited as the second largest air pollutants in major U.S. cities!
8. Start a compost. You can greatly reduce the amount of household trash by composting.
9. Dispose of old electronics the right way. When electronics are dumped in landfills and exposed to high heat, they release toxic chemicals into the air, water, and ground. So either sell them online, or take them to the proper location in your city to get rid of them.
10. Walk instead of drive. If you're going a short distance, get some exercise and fresh air. With the weather being so nice out, you don't need to drive everywhere.
11. Pay your bills online. Not only will this save on paper, but it's also more convenient for you!
12. Stop using plastic or paper bags at the grocery store. Many grocery chains and stores offer reusable bags for a small price and unlimited use. Think about how much plastic you'll save in a month!
If you're looking to reduce your carbon impact by switching to a more fuel efficient vehicle like the 2017 Chevrolet Volt. If you're satisfied with the vehicle you're already driving, take a look at our Spring Car Care pages. By performing routine maintenance on your vehicle, you'll get the best fuel-efficiency possible. Schedule your spring service appointment at Graff Bay City today.
Hank Graff Chevy is located at 3636 Wilder Road, Bay City, MI 48706 and we can help you find the perfect vehicle for your weekend getaway! For more information on Hank Graff Chevrolet, or for any questions call us at (989) 684-4411 or visit our website: www.GraffBayCity.com.
Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+