Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Selling Your Car vs. Trading It In

Selling Your Car vs. Trading It In
BAY CITY, Mich.- Have you recently taken on the task of selling your vehicle on your own? Have you been wondering if you'll make less money by trading in your vehicle? If you're looking for an honest explanation that will help you understand which option is best for you, check out our truthful series: What To Expect When Selling Your Vehicle Yourself and What To Expect Before Trading In Your Vehicle.

In our opinion, selling your vehicle outright isn't for everyone. If you enjoy meeting new people, have no problems negotiating or working with the public, and have your vehicle priced at less than $8,000, then it may be right for you. But if you're not interested in the hard work, liability, and details that go into selling your vehicle on your own, then you may be better off trading in your vehicle. There are many different aspects to consider in both situations and you should definitely take the time to consider which is best for you. 

See what some of Hank Graff Chevrolet's clients had to say about the process of Selling Your Car vs. Trading It In:

"In regards to my aspect of purchasing and trading in to obtain a new vehicle I have to say the trade in process was much nicer than dealing with selling it outright through different sources.  First, working hand and hand with the dealer (Graff of Bay City) I was able to find and customize the vehicle to my particular liking. I wasn't forced to settle for part of what I was looking for, I was able to get 100% of what I wanted making it a much easier process than looking through multiple sources.  I have sold vehicles on my own before in front of my house and that can be a long and tedious process, not to mention dealing with all the paper work of transferring and State papers. While this was the first time I have ever traded a vehicle in, I have to admit it was the most relaxing process ever and took little effort on my behalf. The dealership took all the hassle out of the transaction.  I received an excellent quote for my trade and didn't have to do anything outside of supplying my title and a signature.  The nice feature of trading in my truck was being able to use it directly to take expense right off the top of the new purchase. I looked at it in the aspect of an equation ( my time saved + no hassle selling the vehicle on the road + being able to apply the trade immediately to my purchase = any difference in price I may have gotten from trying to sell it any other way if any difference at all) Basically time saved and hassle averted makes trading a very viable and sensible decision.  It makes it much nicer when a dealer works as hard for you as Graff did for me and I will always remember that experience and work with Graff in the future.  Even though this was my first new vehicle purchase I am sure down the line I will purchase another vehicle and will take advantage of trading in."
     -Aaron, from Mid-Michigan 
"I tried for over a year to sell my Yukon.  I thought initially that this would be no problem since I always take good care of my vehicles.  I reached out to Lisa at Graff Chevrolet because I have purchased from her before and she gave me a fair trade in value, however I thought for what the difference was I would still try to sell it outright.  I had several inquiries plus an offer to trade for jet ski's(not sure how that would have worked out), but nothing ever came together.  In looking back I wish I would have sold the vehicle to Graff Chevrolet sooner.  It all turned out good in the end and because I am limited on my time have learned that in my situation it is best to trade in compared to selling outright."
     -Ben, from the West Side of Michigan

"Marc and Lisa were extremely accommodating during my entire experience in purchasing my new vehicle. Both of them provided excellent communication during the entire process.  The customer service that I was shown was above and beyond anything that I was ever expecting!  Marc came by my work with an Equinox to test drive, while he drove my car back to the dealership to get a quote on the trade-in value.  I am so extremely happy with the way my transaction took place, and will definitely send everyone I know to have the same great experience at Graff Chevrolet in Bay City!"
     -Jordan, from the Great Lakes Bay Region Michigan

If you're looking for an honest opinion while debating Selling Your Car vs. Trading It In, we'd be happy to help! Just stop by your Female Friendly Dealership, Graff Bay City, located at 3636 Wilder Road, Bay City, MI 48706. For more information on Graff Bay City, or for any questions call us at (989) 684-4411 or visit our websites: www.GraffBayCity.com.

Follow us: FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+















Lisa Rechsteiner
General Manager
Graff Chevrolet, Inc.
Any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me at lrechsteiner@graffsales.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment