BAY CITY, Mich. – A summer full of road trips and fun is ahead, and the easiest way to save money on your next vacation is having a fuel-efficient car. Graff Bay City has plenty of great Chevy models that will lower your weekly gas bill, but if you’re not in the market for a new car here are some helpful tips to improve your vehicle’s fuel efficiency.
- Check your tire pressure monthly. On the inside of your driver door you’ll find the recommended PSI for your tires. Under-inflated tires will burn through more fuel, so keeping them properly inflated will give you more miles per gallon.
- Use cruise control as much as possible. When you’re driving on the freeway for a long period of time, turn on your cruise control and save you fuel. Cruise control will give you more miles to the gallon.
- Run all your errands in one trip. By making one big trip instead of a several smaller ones you’ll be saving your gas overtime. It may not seem like it, but starting up your car and running back and forth each time will use up more fuel in the long run.
- Consider your driving style. The way you drive will have a huge impact on how much gas you go through. For example, if you slam on your brakes or accelerate quickly you’re going to burn through more gas than someone who accelerates and brakes gradually.
- Get rid of unnecessary items. If you’re the type of person who carries everything in their car, you may want to reconsider. The heavier your car is, the less miles you’re getting per gallon. We recommend getting rid of the unnecessary items you have sitting in your trunk and back seat to improve your fuel efficiency.
- Give your engine some love. Routine oil changes and other maintenance will go a long way. By giving your engine the routine maintenance it needs, you vehicle will not only last longer, but it will also get the best MPG possible.
If you’re looking for a more fuel-efficient ride this summer, take a look at our Model Overview page for details on each Chevy available at Graff Bay City. You can even shop before coming into the dealership by checking out our inventory online. Feel free to schedule a test drive with us by giving us a call at (989) 684-4411.
Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, & Instagram